Sunday 19 October 2008

Migrant Worker







I migrated in search for greener pasture....


Descended on a foreign land not knowing what to endure


All looking strange, the weather, race, food, tongue and colour


Everytime we realise we are here, oh! we turn sour


The days quickly passed by, so with months and years


Babies arrive, kids play, giving us comforts from our tears!


It was a struggle to raise kids, yes, and I really mean


That when it moves, no elders to lean to, confidence knocked down, deep within


Jobs were scarce, who cares for an alien anyway?


When applying for a job, too many obstacles, many questions, I wonder why?


To the soul that never interrogated and dignified as before


Situations like these, makes one angry, struggle, and think once more.....


What have I done to deserve such human degradation?


And challenge my fate, then, I say, why did I make such decission?


When job was finally offered, oh! what a strange job, never thought of before!


But what can I say, take it or leave it, or else no job forever!









Manny

18 October 2008







I composed this poem while having my break time from my night duty.

No comments: