Sunday 19 October 2008

Summer Breeze



The blog Summer Breeze will contain poems, and others. The reason for choosing the title is to memorialise my late mother Lillian Fanao Na-oy who was at one time an editor of their school paper --The Mountain Breeze! I also chosed Summer Breeze because I was born at the height of the Summer Season in Mankayan, Benguet Province, Philippines. I was told by my mother Lillian that that summer was one of the hottest summer they ever experienced in the history of the nation so much so that drinking water became so scarce. I am also indebted to my late brother Melvin and my cousin Mandy who use to hike long distances to fetch cool spring water from Burayok.






We need a respite from whatever situations we encounter, be it political, social, economics, spiritual, financial, environmental, psychological, emotional, etcetera, we need a breather, we need refreshing. This is where the cool Summer Breeze comes into our lives, hopefully to refresh our mind, body and soul as we continue our endless journey here on earth and beyond.






My friends and visitors, please feel free to read and if appropriate, leave some comments.








Manwer.

No comments: